Feeling Better

Jessica woke up coughing and feeling horrible. Through her groggy vision she made out a shape of a person sitting on the bedroom floor. Was this her room? No... It was her brother, Joe's room.

The foggy figure began to speak, "Hey... Jessica. How are you feeling?"

Jessica sat up in her bed. Was that her voice?!

As her vision cleared, she could see that the figure in the room was in fact her!

"Good morning! I was feeling so sick last night and decided to switch our bodies!"

"Joe!" Jessica mustered with her remaining energy, "I thought we agreed not to use the body swap crystal on each other."

"Yeah, we did," Joe said smugly, "And then I got a fever. I figured, since you are the only other person who knows about the crystal, that I could swap with you to feel better."

"No! You can't just use my body like that. I'm going to tell Mom and Dad."

"You sure?" Joe ran his hands through her hair, "I'm doing it now. Do you really want to tell Mom and Dad? Do you really want the world to know about this crystal?"

"Fucking hell, Joe." Jessica coughed, "This is so unfair."

"Hey, maybe if you got a hold of the crystal first next time, you'd be the one escaping. I like this top, by the way. I haven't seen you wear it in years."

Jessica was stumped, "But... they'll know you're not me!"

"Will they?" Joe folded his arms, "Last time I checked, body swapping is impossible. Everyone will just think you're acting strange. Worst case. They're just going to see that I am and have always been Jessica. And I am. In Every. Single. Way."

"My boyfriend is coming over later!"

"Oh, is he?" Joe sneered, "I'm not gay. Then again, neither are you. And I am you, so..."

"You can't!!"

"I can, and I will. Feel better soon, Joe!"

Comments