The Announcement


"You're what??"

"I'm pregnant!"

"In Alisha's body? But we've been using condoms... She's gonna be pissed! She doesn't even want kids."

"But we do."

"Yeah, David. Like, with our own bodies."

"Tammy, we've been trying for years. We've only been in our friends' bodies for a month, and I'm already pregnant."

"What are you saying? That we keep the baby?"

"I don't know, Tammy," David softly rubbed Alisha's stomach, "Maybe it was meant to be. We can figure something out."

"David, I was the one who was supposed to get pregnant. Not you! We only did this long-distance swap-thing for fun. And what would Alisha say when she finds out I got you pregnant."

"She and Erick still don't know that the swap kind of malfunctioned. I can just pretend I'm you, Tammy, and have a one-to-one girl talk with her."

"Yeah..." Tammy pondered, "Or we wait it out and pretend the medallion doesn't work when they want to swap back."

"You're suggesting we stay in these bodies forever?"

"No, well, I don't know. This is kind of a fucked up situation."

"How would you feel if we did, Erick?"

"I mean, we both just lost our jobs. There could be worse things."

David teared up, "We're having a baby!"

Comments

Post a Comment