Takes One to Know One



"Come on, Mom!" Jack was exasperated, "It's been days since I accidentally possessed Anna. You know I would love to get out of this situation, too."

"Yeah, I know," his mom muttered, "I'm sorry, Jack. It's just that this is all so unfair to your sister. I want her back."

"Me too, Mom," Jack teared up, "I'm working on it."

"Hey, come here, honey... Don't cry. It's not your fault. You built the remote in the first place. Surely, you can build it again. It's just going to take time."

"It took me months before."

"It'll be faster the second try. Always is," Jack mother pulled him under her wing, "If it's any consolation, I think you're doing a great job of being your sister."

"Really?"

"Really. I don't think anyone questions it. I sometimes have to remind myself it's you in there."

Jack blushed, somehow flattered by her remarks, "I have to give it my all. I mean, no one would believe it if Anna told them she was her own brother."

"Anyway, I've got to go talk to your father. We can talk later if you need to, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Mom," Jack watched her leave the room and head downstairs.

He turned back towards Anna's bedroom –his, for now at least– and sighed. What would Anna do now?

A couple of her friends had invited her out tonight. She would probably be trying on dresses.

Jack stared at his sister's closet and gulped. He brushed the garments nervously with his hand. There was no getting out of this one.

Comments