Staycation - Part 1

My big sis Cara's an actress. Not like an A-lister, but she been on a few successful shows. She was always the one with the looks and the charms. I've always been just a regular, skinny dude.

I decided to pay Cara a visit, since she went off to college a couple years back. I just wanted to say high and see how she lived. After all, it was my turn to move out next year already, and I wanted to get a taste for the college life.

"What's in that box?" I pondered, eyeing a plastic tub in the corner of the room with what looked like skin inside.

"Oh," Cara flushed, "It's for a course I'm taking. Prosthetics. It's actually, like, a full body casting."

"Of you?"

"Um, yeah," Cara smirked, "who else?"

"Hey, I don't know how these things work..."

Cara stood still for a moment with her hands on her hips, deep in thought, "You know what, little bro? I have an idea."

"What?"

"The, um, course is wrapping up on Friday, and I still need something to show for my final presentation."

"Uh, huh..." I was not following, "So what do you wanna do?"

"I really need those credits, and it's a really competitive course."

"I don't like where this is going."

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be me?"

"What... You wanna make me look like you?" I was dumbfounded.

"We're practically the same size. It would be so easy for you to pass off as me," Cara blinked at me with her pretty eyes.

"For the whole week? Really?"

"We'll just have to make sure only one of us leaves my dorm room at a time, which also means we'll have to share the same clothes."

"Why do you wanna keep it a secret?"

"Obviously, if I went and told everyone before the presentation, it would spoil the surprise!"

I stared into my sister's eyes for a long second, letting it sink in that if I really wanted to, in a little while I could become her spitting image.

"What about my voice?" I croaked.

"Don't worry about that," Cara dug into the box, "I have this real time AI-powered voice box. We use it for stage performances sometimes. I can train it with my voice. Then we'll tape it to your throat, here."

"Oh."

"Does that mean you're up for it?"

"I mean, if it's gonna help you ace your exam ...sure."

"Oh, little bro! You're the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Comments

Post a Comment