Starting from Scratch - Part 1


I, Brandon (17), used a magic remote I found in the attic to transport myself back in time 20 years. I thought it would be a fun adventure. Except, it didn't quite work as expected. The Time Machine couldn't transport my physical body back in time, so it transported me into my mom, Hailey's younger body. The Time Machine was nowhere to be found, and I was slowly realizing the gravity of my situation. 

I stared in disbelief at the figure in the mirror, overwhelmed with shock and confusion. I was no longer Brandon, the 17-year-old high school senior. Instead, my reflection revealed a young woman with long, cascading dirty blonde hair, a beaming smile that could not be mistaken; it belonged to my mother.

I had to admit, my mother was beautiful. With her cascading brown hair and beaming smile, she appeared more youthful than ever before. In the mirror, I studied her features with a newfound appreciation and admiration. I couldn't help but feel drawn to her beauty.

My attention turned to the obvious anatomical differences.I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease as I took in the curves of my new body. As Brandon, I had never experienced anything like this before. I had always been comfortable in my own skin, but now, as I examined myself in the mirror, I felt a strange sense of discomfort.I felt a sudden urge to explore this new body. I ran my hands over my hips and down my thighs, feeling the soft fabric of the skirt against my skin. It was an odd sensation, but also strangely exhilarating. I lifted my shaking hands up towards my chest.

I hesitated for a moment before finally cupping my breasts in my hands. As I let out a soft gasp, I felt a surge of electricity run through my body. And just like that, I felt a strange sense of completion, wholeness. My mother's breasts. It was strange, but also somehow familiar, as if I had done this many times before.

I turned around and examined my butt in the mirror. It was firm and round, and as I admired it from various angles, a sense of pride grew within me. My body had all the curves of a typical 24-year-old woman.

I had to admit, I felt beautiful.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I heard a voice from the door. "Hailey, are you still getting dressed?"

I turned around to see my mother's husband, my father, standing at the door. I felt a jolt of panic run through me.

"Uh, yeah, just getting ready," I replied, trying to mimic my mother's voice as best as I could.

How could I have been so stupid? Why didn't I think this through?

Rummaging through her drawers, I found an old, dusty journal. It was my mother’s, and her name was inscribed on the first page. Curiosity took over and I began to read.

The pages were filled with her thoughts and dreams. She talked about wanting to be a writer one day, and how she wanted to travel the world. She wrote about her hopes for the future, of finding love and living a life full of joy and happiness.

I came across an entry that caught my attention. It was about our father, and how she had fallen in love with him at first sight. She wrote about how he made her feel alive and how she couldn't imagine her life without him. I felt a warmth spread throughout my body as I read her words, realizing just how much our parents loved each other.

I thought about what I had just read and wondered if it would be possible for me to feel the same way about my own father. The thought sent a shiver down my spine, as I couldn't imagine being with him in that way.

As I flipped through the pages, tears started to well up in my eyes. All of these aspirations had been taken away from her because of me; because of this body that now held me captive. It felt like such a tragedy.

I wasn’t just inhabiting my mother’s body; I was living out her unfulfilled dreams as well. Suddenly, my mission became clear: make sure that all the things she wished for came true.

I made my way to the kitchen, where my father was sitting at the table, reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, dear," he said without looking up. "I made you some coffee."

I sat down across from him and sipped the hot, bitter liquid. It was strange to think that just a few hours ago, I was his son. Now, I was his wife.

Tears ran silently down my cheeks as I realized that soon enough, this body would become mine for real. This time was when my mother was closest to me in age and experience. It felt strange, almost wrong to be taking away those memories from her - memories where I should have been there instead - but it also felt strangely right too. 

The days turned into weeks, then months as I adjusted to my new life as Hailey. With each passing day, something inside me changed and grew stronger. The feeling of being trapped was still there, but now it was balanced with something else; something more powerful that allowed me to push through it and not be held back by the fear anymore.

Slowly but surely, I began to take on new tasks and responsibilities around the house that my mother used to do—cooking meals, taking care of our pets, helping out with yardwork—all things that gave me a sense of accomplishment. 

As time went on, these feelings only increased as others began to see the strength in me that had been dormant until now–and it felt amazing!

It was time for me to leave behind the teenage boy who had been scared of taking risks; it was time for Hailey Sanders – strong adult woman –to take charge.

Comments