April, Fool


My name is April, and I'm a 24-year-old woman. At least I am now.

Here I am, going down memory lane, scrolling through my old Facebook photos.

I can't help but notice how much I have changed over time.

My body had become more curvaceous, and my face had matured into that of a beautiful woman. It's funny how things work out. If it weren't for that wish, I would have never known what it was like to be a woman.

You see, I haven't always been April. I was a boy named Jack until age 17, when a wish to be popular landed me in my crush, April's body, and she in mine.

I felt bad for her for a long time –years even. But it's been so long now, that my memory of being Jack has started to get a little fuzzy. Eventually, I had accepted that we would never be able to swap back, and I had to learn to embrace my new life as a girl.

Comments