Reality Check - Part 1

"Hey babe," I texted my girlfriend, "Wrapping up here. I'll be home in 20 minutes."

I grabbed a towel from my gym bag and wiped my forehead. As I turned to head for the showers, I spotted a cute chick doing her post-workout stretches. She had a great body, I had to admit. But I was in a committed relationship. I shouldn't be checking out other women like this. I diverted my eyes before she could catch me staring and walked on.

In an instant, I was suddenly on the other side of the room, approximately where that girl had been standing.

"What," I uttered, but my voice sounded more like a squeak.

I gasped, throwing my hands up to my mouth. But my hands felt weird. In fact, my face felt weird, too. Long red hair fell into my periphery. As I clawed on my face, I felt something rubbing up against my forearms. No, it couldn't be. I had a chest... I mean, I had boobs? Had I somehow become that girl I had been staring at?

I stared back at the spot I had just been moments before. It was empty. Confusion swirled in my mind as I tried to comprehend what had occurred.

"Hey, you ready to get going?" a deep masculine voice called out from behind me.

"Babe, can you hear me?" the voice repeated.

The familiarity of the tone made my stomach tense up and my skin crawl but I forced myself to turn around anyway. "Uh, hi," I said cautiously.

He smiled, oblivious to my unease, as he slipped his arms around me and grabbed my ass. A wave of panic washed over me as I realized that he thought I was his girlfriend. I knew I should have corrected him right away, but instead I just stood there stiffly and forced out a tiny giggle.

As he leaned in to kiss me, I turned my head and his lips landed on my cheek instead. "What's wrong?" he asked, looking puzzled.

"Nothing," I said, in a voice that wasn't my own. I cleared my throat. "Just a little tired, that's all."

He nodded and let go of me. "Okay, let's go." He grabbed my hand and started walking towards the exit.

I stumbled along behind him, still in shock at what had happened. How had I ended up in someone else's body? And what was I going to do about it?

We walked through the gym, past the reception desk and out into the cool outdoor air. As we stepped out into the parking lot, I caught sight of our reflection in the window of a nearby car. The reflection showed me, or rather, the girl whose body I was in. She was tall and slim with long, shining red hair and bright blue eyes that sparkled with life. She had full lips and curves in all the right places. We made quite an attractive couple.

As we drove home, I kept trying to make sense of it all. How could I have ended up in someone else's body? Was this some kind of freak accident or was it some kind of mystical transformation? I didn't know what to make of it.

I tried to act as normal as possible, going through the motions of being his girlfriend, but it was hard. Every time he touched me, I felt like my skin was crawling. Every time he called me by her name, I felt like a fraud. But I couldn't let on that anything was wrong. I had to keep up the charade.

As we arrived home, my heart pounding with fear. I had no idea what was going to happen next and I could only hope that he wouldn't notice that something was off.

God, what would my girlfriend think of this? I could only hope she wasn't worried about me. I couldn't believe I had become  a woman.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. Panicking wouldn't do me any good. I had to think rationally and figure out what was going on!

Comments

  1. Always love the life assumption stories. You are the best at them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment