Near Future



We never meant for it to get to this point.

I have a beautiful wife named Allison and a step-daughter named Audrey. It started about a year ago, when we got two pairs of the new Pear One augmented reality contact lenses. It's an amazing device. Really blew up the market with its high resolution display and ability to render 3D objects and people as if they were really there in the space.

Allison traveled a lot for work, so Audrey and I were often left alone at home. We both would spend a lot of time playing with the new headsets. Naturally, there were some fun third party apps that we tried out. One of which allowed us to "body swap". That is, when I looked at Audrey through the Pear One, I would see a rendering of myself superimposed onto her and reacting to her subtlest movements. When I looked down at myself or looked in the mirror, I would see a perfect photorealistic rendering of Audrey.

It was incredible. Strange at first, but we got used to it surprisingly quickly.

"So, pops, I was thinking," Audrey spoke, her voice being translated and played back into my ears as my own male voice, "What if we slipped into these roles and pretended to be each other for the next few days, until Mom comes home?"

"Really?" I was surprised, my voice a perfect imitation of Audrey's, "I mean, that could be fun!"

"Think you can get used to being a girl, Audrey?" she laughed.

I looked down at my body –Audrey's body, "I think I can handle it."

Back in Audrey's bedroom, I studied my reflection in the mirror. I was a perfect digital replica of her. My outfit was a copy of her own, down to the last detail. I flipped through a collection of digital outfits and paraded around the room, twirling from one dress to another. I flipped through dozens of outfits. Until I reached the end of the list. Suddenly, I wasn't wearing any clothes at all.

I stood, mouth agape, staring at my naked reflection. I blinked, expecting to snap back to reality, but my vision remained augmented. I had never seen myself like this before. I didn't know how to react. I felt a sudden chill run down my spine. I turned to leave the room, but something held me back. I couldn't resist looking back at my reflection one more time.

Then I felt myself getting hard. But I couldn't see my erection, as it was obscured and replaced by the digital render of Audrey. I craved the feeling of being replaced by her. It was a perfect and wonderful illusion.

I knew in that moment that it couldn't be the last time.

Comments

Post a Comment