The Pact - Part 3

Somehow, a voice that sounded a lot like Hailey's manifested inside my head, "Hey Josh, congratulations on becoming the real Hailey! Wanna go to our room?"

I looked up at Hailey-turned-Josh, utterly perplexed. She just stood there smiling, oblivious. If that was the real Hailey, what the hell was this voice in my head?

I excused myself and went to my sister's room –my room now. The voice continued, "This is our room now. We can do whatever we want with it! Pretty cool, huh? Look at all your new stuff!"

I looked around, taking in my sister's clothes, her makeup, her bed. It all looked so familiar, yet so new.

The voice in my head continued, "We can do whatever we want in here. No one will judge us because ...we're Hailey!"

No judgement, huh? That was certainly an intriguing thought. I began to play around in the room, pretending to be Hailey. It felt good to be in my sister's body, to have all her things at my disposal.

I dove into Hailey's room like a duck to water. The sounds of her music spilled from the headphones I put on, filling my ears and pulse with the beats and rhythms she'd loved so much. I twisted around in her silk pajamas and made faces at myself in her vanity mirror. It was as if Hailey had left behind a well of inspiration that I had fallen into, a pool that contained all the pieces of herself that she would keep to herself. Each object in the room represented one aspect of her life: this necklace for dancing in clubs, these rolled up posters, those high-heeled shoes for being wild. All mine now. Suddenly, everything made sense. The way Hailey always laughed, the way she loved spending hours in front of her mirror, the way she never hesitated to express herself. It was as if I had always been inside her, watching her life unfold, and now, finally, I was able to join in; an accomplice to every secret desire she'd ever harbored.

"Hey, check out this pretty dress!" the voice exclaimed as my eyes fell on one of Hailey's garments.

I gasped. This was the dress she wore to every party. I couldn't wear that, could I? My hand shook as I reached for it, but my fingers felt cold and refused to move closer to the fabric.

The voice in my head egged me on, "You can even kiss your own reflection in the mirror. It's not even weird, because it's you!"

"What? No, this is all just a prank on our parents. I'm gonna turn back into Josh eventually."

"C'mon. Look in the mirror, Josh. Who do you see?"

"I see Hailey?"

"Try again..."

I looked in the mirror, but the reflection in the mirror was the girl I had become, my sister, Hailey.

"I see ...myself?" I flushed.

"That a girl," the voice giggled, "And who are you?"

"I'm... I'm..." I laughed in disbelief, "I guess I'm Hailey!"

"This is crazy," I caught myself, "I'm talking to a voice inside my head."

"I am real. This is real. You're the real Hailey, and this is your room."

The voice was sincere, and I couldn't deny that it made some amount of sense. I turned around and faced the mirror, staring at my sister's innocent smiling face. I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt this happy.

"This is just temporary though."

"But let's not think about that now. You like being a girl, don't you, Hailey? Here, take a closer look at your new body... it's gorgeous."

The voice was right. I did like being a girl. I liked the way my body felt, and the way I sounded when I giggled. I liked the way I could act wild and crazy and uninhibited. I loved the way my hair flowed down my back, and the way my body felt soft and curves. I loved the way I looked in my girly clothes. I realized I kind of loved being Hailey.

"And don't you love your new girl parts?" A delicious warmth spread through me as I considered my womanhood, "They make you feel so special. So ...sexy."

I couldn't help but feel drawn to the voice. That night, as I drifted off to sleep, I finally felt like I belonged. I had found my place in this world, and it felt good.

I realized I could feel at home in Hailey's body.

Comments

  1. Excellent story. Interesting side effect of dad's machine. It would be pretty cool to see if it left a Josh voice in the new brother's head as well. If it did they might just enjoy their new bodies and lives enough to just stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad thry fooled their parents & are happyy being each other

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment