Housesitting - Part 10

The real Anna was nowhere to be found. I couldn't let Anna's husband find out! He'd be devastated to learn that his wife had been replaced.

What would I do?  I knew I it would be hard to keep up the charade forever, but a part of me reveled in my newfound power. I was in control now, for the first time in my life.

"It's good to see you again," I smiled and leaned over to kiss him.

I felt his hand rest on my hip, and I felt sexy and wanted. But this sensation could still not distract from my concern about where the real Anna was now.

The phone buzzed again. It was a text from ...my number? I grabbed the phone and opened the text.

"I finally made it back home," it read.

The text was accompanied by a selfie taken by my old body. I was in my bedroom –the very same room where I was now. It was dark in the photo, and I could barely make out the mirror in the background. But it was definitely my bedroom, my face, my picture. Why would I be sending that selfie to myself?

Had Anna ...stolen my life??

"Is everything okay, honey?" Anna's husband probed.

"Yes, of course," I said, "Just worried about a friend of mine."

I looked at the photo on the phone one last time, before I turned off the sound on the phone and tossed it under the bed.

I had to act normal. I had to act like Anna—the woman who I was currently inhabiting. Even though my entire world was upside down, I had to pretend as if everything was okay and that nothing had changed.

I put on a brave face and tried to maintain a normal conversation with Anna's husband, but it was difficult. My mind kept returning to the photo of me in my bedroom and why Anna or someone else, would have stolen my identity.

"Let's go downstairs and have breakfast," I looked at my husband and smiled.

Comments

  1. Oh wow. I mean, we could tell she seemed to be training him to be her replacement. And she DID seem to enjoy being a man. But I almost expected that the real husband had run off and she was going to stay as his replacement. But now we see that Anna, or who knows maybe the husband, has taken Jacob's identity. I'm super curious to see if this continues.

    As always, excellent work. Stay creative my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have been reading your captions for quite some years, and it was frustrating to find your awesome stories without any updates just as they start getting interesting.
    On a good note, now your scenarios are reaching more towards conclusive endings really appreciate your awesome content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting! looking forward to seeing this conclude

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment