Housesitting - Part 3

 


It was only a matter of hours before Anna's husband would come home, and I didn't know what to do! I didn't think I could tell Anna about this –that I had somehow turned into her. She would never believe me. Until I figured out how to change back, I had to at least figure out a plan to impersonate her. I had to look the part, and I had to be able to act the part.

I nervously walked into Anna's closet, my heart racing as I looked over her clothes. She had a huge selection of dresses in all different colors and styles. It was overwhelming. She was a woman my mom's age. I had no idea what she would normally like to wear.

A lot of the clothes looked great, if a little feminine for my taste. I thought I could either dress as Anna or try to pick out something that was pretty but more my style. I decided to go for something more feminine to avoid raising suspicion. I tried to think back to what she had worn when she'd handed over the keys –a tight pink t-shirt and a skirt.

I decided to go for something similar, picking out a light pink dress that reached just above the ankles. The final touch was a spare wedding ring, which Anna had kept in her jewelry box.

All in all, I was pretty happy with the result.

I practiced some poses in the mirror and worked on my walk. I wanted to look as graceful and professional as possible. I also wanted to be as feminine and womanly as I could. I tried my best to imagine the thoughts and concerns that must run through Anna's mind on a regular basis.

I wondered if she was thinking about sex, or if she was thinking about dinner. I had no way of knowing how married couples interacted in their everyday lives. I watched her in the mirror, trying to imagine what her thoughts could be.

At that moment, something occurred to me –I had no idea how to flirt like Anna did with her husband. Was it all subtle glances and gentle touches? Or were there more obvious signs that they exchanged?

I took a second look at the photo of Anna and her husband on their wedding day, many years ago. Seeing it made me realize just how long they’d been together –and how much he must love her. I smiled and decided that maybe I could use that as part of my impersonation of Anna.

I couldn't believe I was actually a married woman, one who would look at such a wedding photo with pride. I had always been very cynical about love, believing that it was nothing more than a social construct designed to keep people from running around fucking everything in sight. I was still a little skeptical about all of this, but for some reason, my skepticism didn't seem as strong as usual.

I kept telling myself that I was Anna as I put one foot in front of the other. I tried to think about what I would be doing if I were Anna, what she would be doing as she waited for her husband to arrive...

Comments