Island Life - Part 2

Later that evening, the dinner table was cleared, and the whole family was preparing to go to bed.

Camron, still struggling to adjust to his new body, stared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. The sight of Nicole's face staring back at him made his skin crawl.

As he walked back to his and Nicole's shared bedroom, he found Nicole sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk, clearly lost in thought. Camron could see the frustration etched on her face, mirroring his own inner turmoil.

"You okay?" Camron asked softly, taking a seat next to her.

Nicole sighed and shook her head. "This whole situation is just... overwhelming. I can't believe we might stuck like this for two whole weeks."

"Forever, even," Camron joked, but Nicole didn't laugh. Her expression was serious, her eyes filled with a mix of anxiety and sadness.

"I know it's hard to see the positive right now, but we have to try," Camron continued, his voice trembling slightly, "We can't let this consume us. We're in this together, and we'll figure it out. Remember what Mom said –that no one on this whole island would know the difference anyway? Dad even accidentally called me Nicole. Like, several times."

"That's what worries me. That it wouldn't matter anyway."

The two siblings sat in heavy silence for some time.

"I'm tired. I need to sleep," Nicole finally broke the silence.

"Yeah, me too."

"Here. I'll help you put on my pajamas."

"Your pajamas?" Camron was taken aback.

"Well," Nicole sighed, "What did you expect?"

"Fine."

"Okay. Don't look down while I'm changing you. I don't want you to see."

"Oh, come on, Nicole! As if I want to see your naked body."

Nicole rummaged through her suitcase and handed Camron a set of pink pajamas. Camron reluctantly took them, feeling absurdly self-conscious about wearing his sister's clothes. As he changed into the pajamas, he couldn't help but notice how different everything felt on his new body. The clothes clung to him in ways he wasn't used to, emphasizing curves and contours that were foreign to him.

Nicole crawled into the top bunk, her movements still awkward and unfamiliar. Camron climbed into the bottom bunk, feeling a twinge of guilt as he settled into his sister's bed. The sheets smelled like her.

Comments