The Woman on the Train - Part 1

I was taking the train back to my place, after a long weekend visiting my parents. I was feeling really sleepy, as I fought against the increasing heaviness of my eyelids. As the countryside wizzed by the window, I couldn't help but overhear some of the other passengers chatting.

There was a woman, likely in her mid-to-late thirties. Not exactly my type, yet more attractive than the average passerby, so to speak. She was dressed quite femininely, with a dress that showcased her generous bust.

The woman's phone rang. It was a loud, obnoxious ringtone, one that would've been cringe-worthy if it wasn't for the fact that it was coming from someone so beautiful. She fumbled in her designer purse, trying to get the phone out.

"Hey girl!" I overheard her say, "Yeah, I'm on the train. Almost at Springdale. It was great to get away for a while, but I'm really looking forward to getting home to my man. Yeah, he's gonna pick me up when I get there."

The woman giggled, probably at some inside joke. She continued talking. I rolled my eyes at the way she spoke about her partner, as if he were a mere commodity.

I started to doze off.

I must have been sleeping for only about five minutes, when I felt a jolt.

What was that? I sighed, as I opened my eyes.

But my voice sounded strange. Actually, I realized I felt ...different, somehow.

Wasn't I sitting on the right side of the train. Why was the window to my left now? I caught my reflection in glass and gasped.

My heart skipped a beat. No... it couldn't be, could it?

I had somehow become that woman on the train!

Comments