The Woman on the Train - Part 2

I frantically looked around the train, hoping to see my own body somewhere. But I couldn't find it. Panic started to set in as I wondered how this could have happened.

I tried to remember what had happened before I fell asleep. The woman on the phone, her loud ringtone, her talk about going back home to her man... Had she jinxed me somehow? Or was this just some crazy dream?

But everything felt too real. I could feel the weight of my new body, the softness of my hair against my cheek, and the unfamiliar phone in my hand.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. Maybe if I just went along with it, this would all be over soon.

The train finally arrived at Springdale station and I gathered my things, trying not to stumble in my new high heels. As I stepped off the train, I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement at this new experience.

But as soon as I entered the station, a sense of dread washed over me. What was I supposed to do now? Where did this woman live? Did she even have a car?

I walked towards the exit when a man's voice called out behind me. "Excuse me, ma'am! You forgot your scarf!"

I turned around and saw a tall man with dark hair jogging towards me, holding out a pink scarf that must've been mine.

"Oh... thank you!" My voice sounded higher and more girly than usual.

Then I remembered. Her husband was supposed to pick her up there. I wandered in a daze through the old suburban station, towards the parking lot on the other side.

A black car pulled up to the curb in front of me.

"Hey, Nicole!" a man shouted from inside.

He was probably this woman's husband.

He opened the door and got out, holding out his hand to help me in.

I took it hesitantly, feeling like this was all some kind of dream.

We drove in silence to the house in the suburbs. I had never been to Springdale before. But it looked quite beautiful.

"Here we are!" He put the car in park and helped me out.

I felt like I was in a dream, everything happening too fast.

Comments