Will you be my Valentine? - Part 1

Lily and Eli lived a country apart. They desperately missed each other this Valentine's Day and wanted more than anything to spend time together. Their longtime friends, lovebirds William and Elizabeth, had an idea. They wanted to treat their friends Lily and Eli with the gift of being together, even just for one day. Lily would swap bodies with Elizabeth, and Eli with William. Lily and Eli were overjoyed by the proposal.

But things did not go exactly to plan. Eli awoke in Elizabeth's body and Lily in William's. Elizabeth and William, now in the bodies of Lily and Eli, respectively, were none the wiser to the swap-gone-wrong.

Eli grabbed his chest in shock as he looked down at Elizabeth's petite hands. He felt his heart pounding in an unfamiliar rhythm. He stumbled backward, catching himself against the bedroom wall. Panicked, he rushed towards the mirror, seeing Elizabeth's reflection staring back at him.

"Lily?" Eli called out.

From the other room, a man's voice responded, "Eli? Are you alright?"

"I... I don't know," Eli stammered, still trying to comprehend the impossible situation they found themselves in, "It worked... but I think I'm Elizabeth!"

Lily turned the corner and started laughing, "I, uh... I think I'm William!"

"Shit," Eli cracked a sheepish smile, "What do we do? We should tell them."

"Hmm, you think?" Lily folded her arms, "I don't know... Don't you think this could be kinda ...fun?"

Eli playfully rolled his eyes as he embraced Lily in a hug, "I missed you."

"I missed you, too, Eli."

"I think... you're right. Let's not tell them... As long as we're together, I'm happy."

Comments