Best Friends - Part 2

“Hey, Lily!” a girl called after me.

“Lily,” I thought to my self, “Nice name.”

One of the girls sat down next to me and started chatting, “Hey Lily, what's up?”

I could only assume this girl was Lily’s friend, so I decided to play along, “Oh, just enjoying the sun, you know how it is.”

She giggled and leaned in closer, “So, have any guys come up to you yet?”

I hesitated for a moment, wondering how to respond.

I couldn't just admit that I was a boy possessing her body, "Yeah, the guy who was grilling burgers and hot dogs by the patio was definitely checking me out earlier. I think he's just a little shy."

The girl rolled her eyes, and then shared a chuckle, "Oh, come on. You're way too gorgeous to let a little shyness get in the way of a good time. Anyway, I've noticed that guy talking to Carly."

“Oh…” I feigned disappointment.

“Yeah, he’s pretty cute…” she sighed.

But the girl’s expression suddenly changed. Her eyes scanned my own.

"You seem different today, Lily," she remarked, "There's something...off about you."

A cold chill ran down my spine. I knew I had to play my role perfectly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"I don't know, just... You’re not actually Lily …are you?”

“…No” I squeaked.

“You know,” she continued, “I can sense when someone’s used a possession stone.”

I was at a loss for words.

“So, who are you really, ‘Lily’?

Comments