Best Friends - Part 3



I knew I couldn’t tell her who I really was, but I had to come clean somehow, “I don’t really want to say, but I don’t really know who Lily is either.”

The girl stared at me for a moment, then she shook her head and laughed, "Alright. Let's just enjoy the party, 'Lily.' By the way, my name is Sarah."

I forced a smile and nodded, "Nice to meet you, Sarah. I'm glad to be here too."

“You look a bit uncomfortable in that bikini. You’re not a boy, are you?”

“You caught me.”

I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say next.

Sarah’s eyes widened in surprise, but then she surprised me by bursting into laughter, “Oh my god, that’s hilarious! I can’t believe you tried to pull that off!”

Relief washed over me as Sarah slapped my shoulder playfully, “You had me going there for a second, pretending to be Lily and all.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to have some fun,” I confessed.

“Well, you definitely succeeded in that!” Sarah grinned, “Honestly, possessing someone at a party is a bold move. You’ve got guts, I’ll give you that.”

We both laughed, the tension dissipating into the warm summer air. As the party continued around us, I found myself grateful for Sarah’s easygoing nature. She didn’t press me for more answers or make me feel guilty for what I had done.

Instead, she leaned back on her elbows and gestured to the pool, “Hey, you know what? You seem cool. I wanna help you blend in.”

“Want to join me for a swim?”

“Sure,” I agreed, taking her hand and allowing her to lead the way into the water.

As we swam and played in the pool, I couldn't help but feel a growing attachment to Sarah. Her kindness and understanding made me feel at ease.

"This is the most fun I've had in a long time," I confessed, looking up at her from under Lily’s eyelashes.

"You should join us for more parties like this, 'Lily'," she smiled, "And next time, you don't have to possess anyone. Just come as yourself."

I couldn't help but blush, feeling flattered by her compliment. 

"Maybe," I replied.

Comments