Close Encounters - Part 2


I stood there for a moment, taking in the feeling of being alive again. I looked at myself in the mirror, studying Jennifer's face –my face now.

I had become a …woman. My hands rushed to my chest and found softness where once there had been hard muscle and sinew. I touched my lips, and they were plump and full, a stark contrast from my old, thin-lipped self. I looked down at my body, slender and curvaceous. I grabbed my ass and my thighs and marveled at the way they jiggled.

I looked like Jennifer, but I didn't feel like her. I still had thoughts and memories of Franklin, the boy I once was.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like what I saw. I was alive again. It was as if I had been given a second chance, albeit in someone else's body.

Was this permanent?

I couldn’t take my eyes off myself. Even if it was, would I even want it to be temporary? After all, I hated being dead.

I knew couldn't stay in the bathroom any longer. I slowly opened the door and took a deep breath, the smell of tea still lingering in the air. I moved through the house, trying to remember what it felt like to walk in these halls as a boy. But the sensation was so new, so foreign.

Nervously, I returned to the kitchen, where my parents were still talking.

Comments