Time is of the Essence - Part 4



"We did what we had to do," Eddy murmured, his breath warm against Kyle's neck, "To preserve the timeline."

Kyle lay motionless, his mind reeling as he processed what they had just done. The physical sensations were overwhelming - the ache between his legs, the sticky wetness.

"I can't believe we actually..." Kyle trailed off, unable to finish the thought.

"Do you think it... worked?" he asked hesitantly.

"I guess we won't know for sure for a while," Eddy replied.

“I never thought I’d say this, but I kinda hope I’ll get pregnant.

“How did it feel …as a woman? Is it …better?”

Kyle tensed at Eddy's question, uncomfortable with discussing the intimate details.

"I... I don't know. It was just... different. Really intense." He paused, struggling to find the right words, "Everything felt so new and overwhelming. I'm not sure how to describe it."

"Yeah, it was strange for me too. Feeling things from Dad's perspective..." Eddy trailed off, seemingly at a loss.

They lay in awkward silence for several long moments, the reality of what they'd done settling over them like a heavy blanket. Kyle felt tears prickling at the corners of his eyes, a confusing mix of emotions swirling inside him.

"What do we do now?" Kyle whispered, his voice barely audible.

"I guess we just... keep going. Try to live Mom and Dad's lives as best we can until we figure out how to get back to our own time," Eddy said softly, his arm tightening around Kyle's waist.

Kyle nodded silently, tears still threatening to spill over. The enormity of their situation weighed heavily on him. They were trapped in the past, in their parents' bodies, with no clear way home. And now they had crossed a line that could never be uncrossed.

"Do you think we'll ever get back?" Kyle asked, his voice small and vulnerable.

Eddy was quiet for a long moment before responding, "I don't know. But we have to believe we will. We can't give up hope."

Kyle turned in Eddy's arms to face him, "What if we're stuck here forever? What if we have to live out Mom and Dad's entire lives?"

"I don't know. I guess we'd have to... keep playing our roles. Raise ourselves as kids."

Kyle shuddered at the thought, "That's so messed up. I don't think I could handle that."

"We wouldn't have a choice," Eddy said softly, "We have to protect the timeline, no matter what."

Kyle's mind raced with the implications of their situation. Would they have to keep... doing this? Having sex, trying for a baby? The idea made his stomach churn.

“It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, would it?”

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked cautiously.

Eddy cleared his throat awkwardly, "I just mean... if we're stuck here, at least we're together, you know? And it's not like it was... terrible. I could tell you kinda liked it. And, I have to admit I kinda did too."

Kyle stiffened and pulled away from Eddy, sitting up abruptly. "What are you saying? That you want to keep doing this?"

Eddy propped himself up on his elbow, his expression a mix of guilt and confusion, "I... I don't know. Maybe? It's just, everything is so messed up already. And it felt... good. Didn't it?"

"I... I don't know, Eddy. This is all so messed up," Kyle said softly. "Part of me knows this is wrong, but another part..."

"...feels right?" Eddy finished, echoing their earlier conversation.

Kyle nodded hesitantly. "Yeah. And that scares me."

Comments