Thanksgiving Miracle - Part 8





I sat across from Jake, sipping on a Frappuccino. The first coffee I’d ever had in my life. But I was 17 now.

Jake smiled at me over his cup of black coffee. "So, how's the college search going? I remember you were looking at some schools out East, right?"

"Oh, um, it's going okay," I said vaguely, trying to remember the conversation from Thanksgiving, "Still weighing my options, you know?"

Jake nodded sympathetically, "Yeah, it's a tough decision. I'm still torn between State and Tech myself."

I nodded, trying to look like I understood the dilemma. In reality, I was completely lost.

"So," Jake continued, leaning in slightly, "I heard about this party at Brittany's this weekend. Are you planning to go?"

My heart raced. This was my chance to invite him, just like Amber's friend had suggested. But the words stuck in my throat. How was I supposed to do this?

"I, uh, yeah. I think so," I stammered, "Are you... I mean, would you want to go? Together, maybe?"

Jake's face lit up with a smile, "Yeah, that would be great! I'd love to go with you, Amber."

I felt a strange mix of excitement and dread. On one hand, I'd successfully asked him out, just like Amber would have wanted. On the other hand, I really needed to get out of her body!

Comments