A Second Chance - Finale


Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.

Sarah and I settled into an uneasy routine, living as Kathy and Allan. We went to their jobs, cared for their daughter, and tried our best to maintain their relationships. But underneath it all was a constant ache of longing for our old lives.

At night, we'd whisper about our predicament, searching for any possible solution. We pored over Kathy's diary, trying every ritual and spell we could find, but nothing worked. Our own bodies, inhabited by the oblivious Kathy and Allan, continued on as if nothing had changed.

One night, as we lay in bed, Sarah turned to me, “I’m tired of swimming up river, Elliott. I think it’s time we gave up.”

I felt a lump form in my throat at Sarah's words. Deep down, I knew she was right, but hearing her say it out loud made it feel so final.

"You really think we should give up?" I asked softly, my voice catching.

Sarah sighed, reaching out to take my hand, "I don't want to. But it's been months, Elliott. We've tried everything in that diary. We've dropped hints to them. Nothing's worked. At some point, we have to accept this is our reality now. We have to stop thinking of ourselves as visitors in Kathy and Allan's bodies and start thinking of ourselves as... well, as Kathy and Allan."

I nodded slowly, tears pricking at my eyes. "I know. It's just... hard to let go."

"I know," Sarah said, squeezing my hand. "But maybe... maybe it's time we stopped seeing this as a curse and tried to make the best of it?"

"You're right," I said finally, "We can't keep living like this. It's not fair to us, and it's not fair to Lily."

Sarah nodded, a small smile playing at her lips, "We start living. Really living. As Kathy and Allan."

“Do you think you’re ready, Kathy? To experience sex as a woman?”

"I... I think so," I said softly, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks, "Are you ready, Allan?"

Sarah nodded, a mix of nervousness and excitement in her eyes, "I am if you are."

Comments