A Second Chance - Part 13



I took a deep breath, trying to embody Kathy's persona. I softened my posture, letting my hips sway slightly as I walked across the room.

"Alright... Allan," I smirked, trying out Kathy's slight Southern drawl.

Sarah's eyes widened as she watched me move, a mix of emotions flickering across Allan's face. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks, surprised by how natural it felt to embody Kathy.

Sarah took a few tentative steps toward me, clearly trying to mimic Allan's gait, "So… honey… How was your day?"

"Oh, you know," I replied, trying to maintain Kathy's accent, "Same old.”

I walked over to some framed photos on the wall, “Would you look at ‘us’? We make a pretty good-looking pair, don't we, ‘Allan’?”

Sarah studied the photos, “Remember this one?”

"Oh yes, our trip to Hawaii last year," I tried to stay in character as Kathy.

Sarah nodded, a small smile spreading across Allan's face, "That was such an amazing trip. I can't believe it's been a whole year already."

"I know, time flies," I replied, trying to keep the conversation going.

“Remember that night we made love?” Sarah joked.

I felt my face flush at Sarah's comment, Kathy's cheeks growing warm.

"Oh my," I said, trying to stay in character but feeling flustered, "You sure know how to make a lady blush, Allan."

We stood there for a moment, staring at the photo of this happy couple we were now impersonating.

"Look at you," Sarah said, picking up another photo from a shelf.

I stared at the photo, a strange mix of emotions washing over me. The image showed Kathy, heavily pregnant, her hands cradling her swollen belly. She was beaming at the camera, radiating joy and anticipation.

I placed a hand on my - Kathy's - flat stomach, "Lily... 'Our' daughter... She grew inside this body."

"Yeah, it's... intense. To think that Kathy's body has been through all that. That you could potentially..." She trailed off, leaving the thought unfinished.

We both knew what she meant - if we stayed like this, I could potentially experience pregnancy myself. The idea sent a shiver down my spine.

Comments