Carry Me Lila - Part 8



Jeremy felt a rush of desperation as Lila's words hung heavy in the air between them. He didn’t want to be a ghost haunting her choices; he wanted to be part of her life! 

“Lila, please,” he pleaded, his voice trembling with emotion, “I just needed time to process everything...” 

“What do you mean, Jeremy?” Lila shot back, eyes flaring with intensity, “You’re still just a child trying to grasp something that’s not yours! You’ve invaded my space, and now you want me to feel guilty for trying to live my life?”

“Your life? Or my existence?” he countered softly, hurt creeping into his voice, “I’ve been trapped here for so long! You think it’s easy for me? You’re the only connection I have to the real world.”

“Being a ghost doesn’t mean you have to cling to me like a lifeline,” Lila replied, “You have to find your own way.”

“Maybe this is my way,” he argued, desperation creeping in once more, “What if this helps me find peace? What if this …being you… is how I move on?”

“Jeremy. Look at me. I am nothing like you. I am a grown woman.” Lila whispered.

Jeremy nodded slowly, cupping her breasts in his hand.

"We could...share it?" Jeremy suggested hesitantly.

"Share it?" Lila repeated incredulously.

“I think we can learn from each other,” he insisted, “You’ve shown me what it means to feel alive again. I can’t just disappear after that.”

Lila paused as she considered his words, “As long as I can still date people, explore my life, and be who I am without you overshadowing my choices.”

“Okay, I can do that. But you have to promise me that you won’t forget about me. Even when you’re with someone else.”

“Deal,” she said softly.

Comments