"God, Paul, this was such a stupid idea," Kevin tried his best to suppress a growing smile, "We shouldn't be doing this."
"Aw, you sound so cute," Paul teased.
Kevin twisted and turned in front of Paul's sister, Laila's bedroom mirror before drawing a deep breath, "She's, like, 14, Paul."
"Yeah? Whatever, dude," Paul waved his arms, "You'll be fine. We'll just go to this family dinner, and then we can hang out together like we planned."
"But is hanging out with your sister that bad, bro?" Kevin raised an eyebrow.
"Well... no. But it's gonna be so fucking long, and I'd so much rather hang with you."
"You could've just brought me along, you know..."
"Nah, it's strictly family. It's my grandpa's birthday," Paul sighed, combing his fingers through his hair, "And besides, Laila's totally cool with this. She went to her friend's place to sleep over. I told her I'd handle it with Mom and Dad."
"Wait. Does she even know that I'm... you know... her??"
Paul just smiled and stuttered, shrugging his shoulders.
"Oh my fucking God, dude! I wouldn't have done this if you'd told me that!"
"That was kind of the point," Paul snickered.
"Oh, I'm so embarrassed..."Kevin covered his face, "You made me put on her clothes."
"What? Did you think you were gonna go to dinner wearing an oversized t-shirt?"
"I dunno. Kinda?"
They stared at each other for a long testing moment, before Kevin turned towards Laila's vanity mirror. Kevin pulled back his shoulders and cocked his head, his eyes scanning the alien body, still afraid to even look at his chest.
"This doesn't bother you at all?" Kevin sighed.
"Why would it? I trust you, bro."
"I have ...boobs," saying it aloud made it feel more real, somehow, "I'm a girl."
"Uh, huh," Paul shrugged matter-of-factly.
"The transmogrifier still works, right?"
"Should, yeah."
Kevin let out a deep breath, "Fine. Okay. Fuck it, I'm in."
"Woo!" Paul clapped his hands.
Kevin cut him off, "But if I'm gonna do this, I can't just act like a guy, you know?"
"Uh... yeah. Good point."
"God, you really haven't thought this through," Kevin rolled his eyes before steadying his breathing, "Okay..."
"What?"
"Sshh!!"
Kevin closed his eyes and relaxed his face and shoulders, settling into a natural pose. After a few moments, he opened them again and looked at Paul.
"Hey Pauly!" he spoke in a higher voice this time, with a distinctly feminine inflection, "Big brother! It's me, Laila. I love being your little sister, and we're gonna have SO much fun at dinner!"
"Dude!" Paul gasped.
Kevin giggled, "What? Do you think it's good enough to fool Mom and Dad?"

Comments
Post a Comment