The Cover Up - Part 3


"How much longer do I have to wait, Molly?" Gabe was exhausted, "I'm so tired of coming up with excuses not to sleep with Joe. I'm worried he'll start to suspect something."

"That's not my problem, is it, Gabe?" Molly huffed, "I told you to be extra considerate about who you decide to transform into. Then you went ahead and turned into a clone of Camille. In her own house!"

"Yeah, I get it, Molly!" Gabe retorted, "I made a dumb mistake. Now, will you help me fix it?"

"It certainly seemed like you were enjoying being Camille a few days ago! Besides, you know I can't transform you back safely yet. Not until your body and mind are properly acclimated. If I changed you back now, you could suffer from extreme memory loss in the process. That's months, or even years worth of memories."

"Sure. I enjoyed it then," Gabe patted down Camille's short shorts, "But I was thinking the transformation would be more temporary. I never wanted to actually 'become' her. It was hot at first. Now I just feel like a creep."

Molly glared at her brother, "Maybe you are a creep."

Gabe was silent.

"It might be another week, Gabe."

"Isn't there anything you can do to make this easier?"

Molly toyed with the device in her hand, "Looks like there's one option, but you're not going to like it."

"What?" Gabe sat on the edge of the chair, "What is it?"

"The device has an override function. It would cause you to assume Camille's personality on top of your own. You'd still remember everything you do, as if it was your own decision. And I could quickly switch it off before I transform you back in about a week or so."

"Hmm..." Gabe contemplated the possibility, "As long as I remember being my original self, then I'm game."

"Alright! Here goes nothing." Molly was willing to do anything to keep her brother from constantly bothering her about his situation.

Molly pointed the device at Gabe and pushed the override button.

"Wait!" Gabe blurted ...but it was too late.

Camille convulsed a few times, tightening her grip on the chair.

When she came to, the woman looked up at her niece-in-law, "Molly, darling, I think it worked! Wow this feels strange. Thank you for making this easier."

"Oh, this is so wonderful," Camille began to cry tears of joy, as she hugged Molly, "I can remember everything about my childhood. About growing up as a little girl. Thank you so much."

Molly didn't say anything. She was too fascinated by the effect the override was having on her brother's brain.

"How do I look?" Camille smiled, "I have to go make it up to Joe. It sucks that I've been letting him down the past couple of days. I'm sure he'll be happy to have his woman back, even if I'm really Gabe deep down."

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Epilogue

Comments